Sunday, August 31, 2008

Speech for Dakota

I first want to say how sorry I am for not updating the blog more often, I will really try a lot harder to make sure I update and post new pictures weekly. There has been so much going on that it's hard or me to keep up.
We had Dakota's speech tested about a month ago and we found out that he will be needing some speech therapy. For me it was great to hear that, he has been having a very hard time communicating his needs or wants I should say. I have got very good at decoding his words but the rest of the world around him doesn't know what he is saying. We just finished our second week of speech and he is moving long and learning and doing great.
Dakota will also get speech through the School District which tomorrow he will go and met his teacher. He is very excited to meet them.
Right now this goals for speech are working on the sounds B,P and M which he is doing wonderful at. He is speaking so much more to us! Yah Speech I love it. Dakota is actually telling me he loves me and I can understand it. You can check out where he goes at www.thetherapyplace.net

0 comments: