Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Weekend





It was a great weekend for us! Kingston is getting better has cough has been much better and he is all done with his meds let's just pray that his check up shows no more pneumonia. He is sleeping through the night again and in his crib.

Last night I had, had it with Diapers for Dakota I am done buying for him. So I decide today was the day to start potty training him. It was a good day, he was dry all day! Needless to say I had him in a pull up, we went to the bathroom every 45 mintues, for the first 4 hours and than Aaron pushed it back another 15 mintues so every hour and he went each time. I am praying this potty training won't take too long and he gets the hang of it very fast.

We were able to listen to conference as a family this morning before Aaron had to go to work, but it was very wonderful to hear our dear Prophet talk about families and how he does miss the days that we are in with our kids. Not being able to always have the toys picked up or even feel that you have made a dent in the moutain of laundry. I got a very good feeling that I am still doing what is right and keeping in coucil with the Lord. I am trying my best to raise good wondeful boys and if my house doesn't always get clean well than it goes dirty for that time.

It's the start of a new week and we have been trying to get up and read our family scriptures in the morning with the kid while they are eatting breakfast. It seems the best time for us. We are all togather since Aaron is at work around bed time and it sets the mood for the rest of the day!

Haleigh and Dakota love hearing the stories. So thank you Matt and Jami for the Book of Mormon you gaves us for Christmas the kids loves reading out of it. We call it our Book of Gold.

The seasons are changing here and it's starting to get cold out at night. You can feel the summer air as gone and autumn is setting in. Before we all now it Winter will be here and a New Year will be closing in.

We have been a totally new little boy with Dakota and his "brushing" I love it. He is calmer, happier and loves life. He seems to just be his old self. We are so very happy to have the help he needs!

1 comments:

Jami said...

It's so good to hear that you guys are doing well! And so wonderful to hear that Dakota is finally getting to be "himself". I wish I could meet him, soon! Good luck with the potty training, sounds like you're off to a good start. I loved the talk you spoke of, by President Monson. It really was awesome and so inspiring. Hope to see you guys soon! Love you!