Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Remembering the Past

I have been going through some boxes with my Mom while I am staying here with my parents. I can say it's been a good to rememeber the good times we have had, but at the same time it does bring up some of the past that I don't always want to remember.

My life has not always been this happy for me, as I grew up I remember the pain of having grown up without my Dad, having my parents fight over when we would be going to see my Dad when he would be late to pick us up, and so on.

I also have had to learn how to have a thick skin when it come to church and having people talk about your family. Just a little back ground my Mom remarried a missionary who served in our ward, and than 14 years later divorced him. Talk about what some people had to say about my family. I have grown to learn that the gospel is true, and it really doesn't matter what the people think, as long as I know the truth along with the Lord, I don't care what people think about my past.

I have learned so much from my Mom and her good times and her bad times, it has made me the person I am today.

I have learned how to be the best single parent I can while Aaron is away, how to deal and accept help from family. Without my family I won't be able to do this. Tara is such a huge help I don't know what I would do if I did not have her right now. I don't know what I am going to do when I move. That is the best part of joining the "Navy" is that we are going to move away from My Family. Katy and I are very good friends and it's been along time since she has been waiting to be around us. Tara and I are best friends we see each other every day, I am always at her house, Her kids are like mine. I love all my nieces and nephews, it's going to be very hard for me when we leave.

Just like when I was little I had to pray to the Lord for help, and I will have to do the same. He will be standing next to me holding my hand while I am away from my family. I will find a new family to help me. The lord will provide for us, I know that to be true.

He has been standing next to us while we are away from Aaron and he has been giving Aaron the strength He needs to do very well in basic training.

I am grateful my kids are able to make memories with my parents while we are here, I have so many memories of my grandma who is one of my heros. I love and miss her so very much. I learned I could always call on my grandma to help me out. Now my kids are learning this lesson, they can call on grandma and pa at anytime and they will be there for them. It's such a wonderful blessing my kids are getting.

1 comments:

Jami said...

I love reading your blog!