Monday, June 1, 2009

Day 27

Our day was filled with us being at Tara's house. I had told her I would watch the three kids while she went with Xander on his last field trip, they went on a boat in Lake Minnetonka. I did not have all 6 kids by myself for too long. Kim a dear friend we both grew up with cam over to help out. THANKS KIM. She is a saving grace. Leo loves her so much, anyway. I also had told my enrichment committee that we could have a meeting totally forgetting that I had already told Tara I would watch the kids.
Well it all worked out just fine. The committee came over to Tara's house which she didn't mind one bit. We got our work done for our June Activity, while the kids played outside and played very nicely I might add.

We were lucky enough to have my Dad stop by with Lunch to tell us he is not moving back to Idaho but staying here! Which we were very happy to hear. We did not want Grandpa Alex moving away. All the kids were very excited to see him.

We finally left Tara's house after dinner and FHE which my Mom provided tonight. Pa is gone for the week again so it's just us girls to hold down the fort.

Tomorrow will be Kodi's last day of Speech with the school district. He has done so very well and I am so very blessed to live in a State that provides such a wonderful service for him. I am not sure about him going to The Therapy Place since they are trying to figure out insurance. We are having some problems with getting an EOB (explanation of benefits) for Triwest plus he needs pre-authorization for those two services and they don't want me to have to pay out of pocket.
But if he doesn't go tomorrow Kodi will be very sad his little friend Jack has his last day tomorrow and Kodi is looking forward to it. So I am praying tha we get the correct information back and we can go!

4 comments:

blondeviolin said...

I can help some on the Tricare stuff. If The Therapy Place is in the Tricare network, you have to have a referral from Kodi's PCM. If you kept your PCM as the same pediatrician Kodi's been seeing all this time, just call his doc and have them write the referral. If the referral is submitted today (with today's date), anything that is covered will have a coverage date beginning today. Tricare doesn't normally send EOBs until after the service has been provided.

Let me know (or call me) if you've got any Tricare questions. It's the only insurance I've ever had...so 24 years of working with it. Once you know how to work the system, it's actually awesome insurance.

Mary said...

Thanks for the help.
I guess they submitted the pre-authorization without his SSN which is what they were looking for. It came back that they needed his IEP which his therapist sent right over and we were good to go. Which I was totally thankful for. I need to find out where I go to get him enrolled with the special needs program.
So far I haven't too much trouble with Tricare, so I hope it will all workout. I am sure it will be alot easier once we are on a base and get the care there.

blondeviolin said...

It may not be a lot easier to be honest. LOL The easier part is that you can stop in at the Tricare office if you're at a base that has one...but recieving care on base is usually crowded and packed and makes little difference with how easy it is to deal with Tricare. I hope that you guys get lucky enough to either have a good pedi office on base or that the base allows dependents to be seen by civilian providers (our base is so packed with kids that my kids have never been seen there, instead they see a civi provider). It'll make more sense once you really get in there, though.

I'm glad Kodi was approved, though! Less than a month to go!

blondeviolin said...

It may not be a lot easier to be honest. LOL The easier part is that you can stop in at the Tricare office if you're at a base that has one...but recieving care on base is usually crowded and packed and makes little difference with how easy it is to deal with Tricare. I hope that you guys get lucky enough to either have a good pedi office on base or that the base allows dependents to be seen by civilian providers (our base is so packed with kids that my kids have never been seen there, instead they see a civi provider). It'll make more sense once you really get in there, though.

I'm glad Kodi was approved, though! Less than a month to go!